Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fort Worth Stock Yards

(Kat and I on a HUGE spur)
One of my best friends, Ms. Kitty (as the kids call her), and her new husband came down for Thanksgiving. Kat came down here a little early and spent a week with us.  We had a blast! 
I had never been to the Stock Yards in Fort Worth so we thought we would take her while she was here.  They had so many neat little shops and we even got to see the cattle drive while we were there.

Here they are moving the Fort Worth longhorns from one pen to the other.  They do this twice a day.  I'm assuming just for show.
They had a real longhorn out so that the kids could get on and take pictures.  The kids loved it but I can't say the same for the longhorn.
Jeremy thought he'd try his hand at mechanical bull riding.  It was all fun and games until this shot....
The bull was really jerky and he slammed Jeremy down HARD!! He said he was still hurting a week later.
The kids, on the other hand, LOVED the mechanical bull.

There were lots of murals.  This picture makes me laugh because it looks like Jeremy is holding onto Micah's arm while he's in mid air.  I'm still not quite sure how he is holding him up.
This person was serious about their boots. These boots were painted on the side of this truck.
 My cute little man
 Cheese....or not!
Micah and Lylah loved all the rides they had there.

Here's some other pictures of the Stockyards


This is a restaurant owned by Chef Tim Love who was on Top Chef Masters on the Food Network in 2009.  I guess he's a well known chef in the DFW area.
 We ended the day with pictures on this huge spur...

and this HUGE belt.

Overall we had a great day checking out the Stock Yards with Ms. Kitty!


No comments: