Wednesday, July 29, 2009

38 weeks


Today I am 38 weeks pregnant! I am now getting to the point where I am feeling huge and uncomfortable. I went to the doctor last Friday after a week of false labor and discovered the baby hasn't even dropped yet. This to me was a sign that it was time to schedule a repeat c section. I really did not want this baby to go through the same thing Micah did when he was born. 40 hours of labor ending in a dipping heart rate and an emergency c section just didn't sound like a good idea to me. Because of that I am scheduled for a c section at 12pm on August 7th. It's kinda funny to know what day and approximately what time your baby will be here. Of course she could decide to come earlier on her own that would be okay too. I just know I am about done with being pregnant, even my belly button is saying so. :)
Micah is ready to meet his little sister. He's been playing with his "baby" quite a but lately. Mostly pushing her in the swing extra hard.....we're going to have to watch that once the real baby gets here.

3 comments:

Lara said...

What a cute baby bump! I hope you get tons of rest in the next week and a half.

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to see her. Tell her I love her and tell Micah the same.

Sarah

Mrs.Cathy and Mr.Steve said...

Lots of love and prayers are being sent your way and the day draws near. Make sure somebody calls us when your baby girl arrives.