Earlier this month Lylah turned 23 months old. I know I haven't been able to keep up with her monthly progresses but she has changed so much this year there are a few things I want to remember.
*A few days before she turned 23 months she fractured her arm while jumping off the kids' toy cozy coupe. She was such a trooper about it though and only cried a few minutes. The doctor wasn't even sure she broke it because she was so tough.
*She had to be in a cast for 3 weeks but luckily it was water proof. In the middle of summer a water proof cast is a MUST, especially in TX.
* She wears size 24 month/2T clothes. I can still squeeze her into a few 18 month clothes though.
* She wears size 5 diaper and has NO interest in potty training yet.
* She weighs 25 pounds and is a pretty good eater. Her favorite foods are
cheese and fruit.
*We moved her into a big girl bed last month and she is sleeping great in it.
* Her hair is finally long enough to pull back. And as long as she is in the mood I'm able to make it look really cute. It's still really curly and I LOVE it!
*After she had her cast on a few days she fell 3 times hitting the same spot on her poor little head. I think she's going to have a scar. Poor girl could not catch a break.
* She talks a lot!! She is also really bossy. She loves to tell her brother what to do and likes to yell "Stop It, Bubba"! It is amazing how well she is pronouncing words these days. I am able to understand just about everything she says. One of her favorite words is "Snack" and her favorite phrase is "Got you, Mama" when I'm holding her. I love that!
*She is really smart and is already able to recognize some letters and says "A, B, C" when we sing the alphabet song. She is also able to tell you how old she is and count to three.
* She has started to bite. Not something that I am very happy about. Hopefully we can get her to understand that it is not okay to do soon. Before Micah has permanent marks from her teeth.
*She is really sneaky. She will get into something and then quickly take off hoping that we won't notice. Some days she spends a lot of time in time out.
*She loves to color and paint. But is really bad about coloring on the walls, carpet, and doors of our house. That's something we're working on.
* She is such a sweetheart and can be so loving. She will go up to Micah and give him hugs and kisses for no reason. She also has such an infectious laugh and great smile.
Lylah is an energetic, fun little girl and I am so excited to see what the future holds for her. I can not believe her 2nd birthday is around the corner. I am NOT ready for my baby to grow up. Time is flying by way to fast, sometimes I wish I had a rewind button. :)





1 comment:
She can't turn 2 yet! You should put a brick on her head. I love her curly dark hair. So cute!
Post a Comment