Friday, May 27, 2011

Random update

I've been on a blogging hiatus. We have been busy doing a lot of random things so here's a quick update of just a few things that we have been up to.

Micah has been getting his violin out quite a bit. He is loving it so far. Maybe he'll be better about practicing than I was.


Lylah loves to play the tuner.

It is finally warm enough for us to pull out the slip and slide out. The kids love water and have a blast! After a long winter we were so ready for warmer temperatures.



Lylah has discovered a love for pudding. This picture makes me smile.


Lylah has been working on her dancing skills.

Spiderman came by and took our pictures


A couple days ago, I set Lylah on the potty while I ran her bath. A few minutes of sitting there she went!! I couldn't believe it and I don't think she could either. The look on her face was priceless. Here's to hoping she will potty train a lot sooner than her older brother.

My kids LOVE popcorn. Lylah decided that she did not want a bowl but wanted the whole bag. She walked around with this bag forever. Doing her normal activities while sneaking a snack break.

On Tuesday, we had a huge storm that brought quite a few tornadoes with it. Some within minutes of our house.

We got our master bedroom closet ready with a mattress and stuffed 2 adults, 2 kids, and 3 dogs in there. Let's just say it was not very comfortable. We ended up spending the longest 30 minutes of my life in there, 20 of them in the dark because the electricity went out.

After the first storm we had a bit of a break before another storm came rolling through.

These clouds were gorgeous and the sun was shining. It was amazing!

We watched as this cloud started to form a funnel, which if it would have made it to the ground would have probably formed another tornado.


Luckily it dissipated
pretty quickly.
So there is a brief recap in no particular order. Now that it is summer time, I'll be busy with a math class plus we will be doing lots of fun activities in between. Hopefully I'll be better at updating. :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Too cute, Drew has a violin and I want to teach him to play. He isn't so thrilled about practicing through. I started in 4th grade and played through college, I didn't know you played too! We should get our kids together and create a symphony!

Lara said...

Look at how big your babies are getting! Cute pics! And thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Omg, I am so happy you blogged! Wow, little lylah has some really curly hair, she is so beautiful. Micah looks like such a big kid with his violin. I hope to get up there in july hopefully I will see y'all.

Sarah

Jen and Allen said...

where does her currrrrrrrly hair come from. Cute!